Friday, December 5, 2008

Columbus sailed the ocean blue in....




My first day in Seville was spent going down town and walking around. We started our day at about 11 am and ended taking a bus home around 10 and bed didn't happen until who knows. One of first stops was one the largest cathedrals ever!! It was the Santa Metropolitana Patriarcal Iglesia Cathedral de Sevilla. I literally had my mouth open for the remainder of the visit. I was in awe. I had never seen a confessional before and these were very beautiful and elaborate, there was a room that the walls were made completely of gold, you could walk up to the top of it and see the view of all Seville. The first picture is from the top of the cathedral, second is from outside, and the third picture here is Christopher Columbus' tomb. How amazing is that? Hope you all enjoy.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

1492. :)

Very cool pics!