Friday, March 21, 2008

Are you nkhuku? (koo koo)


What you are looking at if you didn't figure it out is a a chicken foot and in chichewa a chicken is called a nkhuku. Which is what I was feeling when I ate that thing. Here's the story....our teachers threw us a going away party because Thursday was our last day at the school. When I was fixing my plate I grabed what I thought was a leg, and then I noticed after it was already on my plate that it was a foot....YIKES. So what is proper etiquette here, I have no idea. What do I do??? I asked one of the other teachers how to eat it and she gets one and procedes to eat the feet, finger nails and all. WOW!!! What in the world do I do?? I picked that thing up and ate it. "She ate it bones and all!" Fun times.

1 comment:

Bob A said...

I haven't eaten a chicken foot, yet.